Monday, November 17
1. i've been waking up at or around 7:30 every day this week, for various reasons, most of them good.
2. my parents were here last weekend, rocking the suburbs; i got full off samples whole foods, and again later on pie and conversation.
3. on monday four of us decided we'd do a set at rose tattoo - on friday we knocked out four spoon covers, and i haven't had so much fun in ages.
4. these guys came to the show, and i went to theirs.
5. well, the week before last, i was kind of depressed. and i did
6. i could of course write about music. for instance, about this one chord in the chorus of "cherry cherry." [phx reviews of merrit, russfuts, cex, chembros, b.o.b.r., atmosphere, nnb are still unblogged - do you care?]
7. i was in cities all weekend - saturday we toured penn because the giants had taken over psfs; later, an old favorite dependable meal with an old favorite dependable friend.
8. sunday was taken up by an advanture to new york with many pals to see josie and caroline, which resonated with current themes of laundry and pocket change. a lot of singing and driving and people with "p" names.
9. the social affairs committee ought to be called the social affairs discouragement committee (SAD?) don't pick this one, it's a snarky, somewhat tired, if overjustified diatribe. as we already know, SAC=SUC. (tho, a rare chance to see me get political, and maybe controversial.)
well, i'll write on something as long as someone responds by tomorrow. meanwhile i'll sleep so i can get up and (to remember):
get copies of music to tappies
rsvp for josh and carla's wedding weekend
figure out thanksgiving transport
send last week's reviews to publicists
listen to c,oc streamed here?
figure out what to do with my new band
put in some storm windows?
find missing speakers and set them up
take apart my cd player and try to fix it (ha!) or
get a head start on the weeks' readings (arch, ed, anc)
catch up on e-mail
not stay up forever…
fall in love to down on the street