Friday, October 29
but i wanted to pretty up that last post for youse (i did in fact write it last night), and more to the point, dunder of dunders, i got it in my head to make a mix when i got home, at elevenish. so that's why it's now.
no matter. i'm oh so in love with the world these days, and i'm sure it/she won't let me down. why am i so in love? i was telling angie, it's autumn, it's music, suburbia, the weather, my laidback life-schedule albeit about to get crunchy-crazy as of now, the nondeplenishable foodstuffs in my magic kitchen, leaves and leaves (against the sky and on the walk and kicked up in the air and collected on my clip-board, many more than my contacts, hopefully to be incorporated into my costume for the hollertronix party) and i don't know, giddiness begets itself right. oh yeah, and this election we're going to win! (we are, you know.) it's the time for things-going-right.
we (again, surprise, me and tara, who by the way i am not in love with) were in rose valley today, and maybe moylan and parts of media - well, i got done real fast and was thinking of just walking along the tracks to the crum, picking up more costume-components, maybe doing some jumping, trampoline or leafpile. tara had been yakking and slacking, so i sort of put her in a little moral dilemna (and an osage orange in her hood - it was a smelly day too) which resulted in us taking the train, then happily running into louisa, and angela, and oh look akili and mia, outside renatos. the door to 13 park was cracked so ang and i went to investigate the swarthmore music school. maybe not as surreal as it should have been, but still pretty weirdo. there's like nothing in most of the rooms. then we toured the scintillating new co-op. (proclaiming "international luncheon meats!" still no bulk though.)
back to the office with some doritos and a six of victory primo (which, how is that word german and not italian?), for the last hoo-hah before the last hoorah, and we learned how it's going down between now and the day kerry gets merry. (apparently, the election is going to be a landslide, because, as my dad explained yesterday, an incumbent never wins or loses by a small margin.)
then home and i did this, cause i figure an 80-minute chunk of nonstop energy and politfervor is going to come in handy during g.o.t.v. this is a soundtrack for four!more!days! you can get the gist from the song names. i wanna give them all !s. dig those full-sentence titles! oh, and it's called (because the phrase, variously interpretable, is in my head - chalk it up to jen's xtracurricular campaign plus our impending dispersal):
GET OUT THE FUCK!
1. the laws have changed • the new pornographers
2. rapture rapes the muses • of montreal
3. lies • the knickerbockers
4. burning with optimism's flames • xtc [i know, it's a retread, sosumi]
5. this will be our year • the zombies
6. rebellion (lies) • the arcade fire
7. this is our emergency • pretty girls make graves
8. 1976 • rjd2
9. simon says • pharoah monche
10. get up • the coup f/ dead prez
11. the end starts today [tommie sunshine mix] • bis
12. making flippy floppy [live] • talking heads
13. nothing can stop us now • st. etienne
14. nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(again) • wilco
15. mr. president • clinton
16. electioneering • radiohead
17. bedlam • elvis costello and the eating pastas
18. i am a tree • guided by voices [as in, for halloween]
19. parade • garbage
20. wake up everybody • harold melvin and the blue notes
so basically, i probably won't have time to post or to write much e-mail (sorry guys) for the next while. but make that and you'll feel how i feel.
the president's crazy
did you hear what he said?